Thursday, February 14, 2013

Challenge Accepted

I don't know about anybody else, but my 2012 was pretty dismal. The job opportunity of a life-time, the one that was supposed to be the "making of me" turned out to be short lived, and unsuccessful, leaving me unemployed for the second time in 9 months; I plugged away religiously at the gym only to gain weight; and my relationship of 7 years reached breaking point. So when midnight rolled around on 31 December, I was more than thrilled to welcome 2013 with open arms in the front door and boot 2012 out the back (kinda like the saber-cat on the Flintstones).

I suppose I can't hate on 2012 too much. It may have appeared to be nothing but struggle after struggle, but it would be silly of me to dismiss how much, in hindsight, I gained. It was, after all, the year I pushed myself out of my comfort zone & forced myself to be brutally honest.

As 2013 arrived to the sound of fireworks exploding overhead, my girlfriends squealing in delight & thousands of strangers attempting to sing Auld Lang Syne (the lyrics are much harder to remember after 8hours of drinking than you think), I was surprised by how much emotion I felt to be leaving 2012 behind me. I may have even shed a cider-fueled tear or two.

So why am I sharing this with you?

2012 ignited a flame. A call to action. It's time to grow up (this means new shoes, right?) & get my life on track. To stop being so flighty, as my year 8 English teacher once put it, and start doing what makes me happy. Start being who I want to be.

Like many people making their New Years Resolutions, I have committed myself to a series of challenges for 2013. And seeing as what gets measured, gets done, I'm using this blog to hold myself accountable and track my progress.

So please follow me in what I am hoping will be a fun filled year. I look forward to sharing my challenges with you in my next post.

If you have set yourself any goals or resolutions for the year, I would love to know what they are & hear how you are doing nearly 2 months in.



No comments:

Post a Comment