Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Simple Pleasures

Sometimes it's the little things that make the biggest difference to how you feel.

One of my simple pleasures is Vegemite on toast. Love it or hate it? I stand loud and proud on the love side. As I am gluten intolerant I don't tend to eat it very often, but every now and then it is worth the cheeky deviation - especially if it is accompanied by a hot cup of tea!

When I was young my Nan took my Mum and I to France. Being so young it wasn't always easy to find something I would eat on the menu at the restaurants we would go to, so my Mum and Nan had taken to carrying a jar of Vegemite around in their hand bag and would ask for bread or toast. Now I am not too sure whether I recall the incident myself, or have just been told the story so many times it feels like a memory, but there was one particular instance where the adoring French waiter insisted on organising my meal for me. This of course led to a sandwich with Vegemite spread a couple of centimeters thick and I was horrified with the first bite! To this day I am still a spread on, scrape off kinda girl.

Are there any simple pleasures in life you can't do without?

And how do you take your Vegemite?

No comments:

Post a Comment