Thursday, May 23, 2013

Inspire:

Inspiration is such an important thing in life. Without it so many of life's stones would lay unturned.

Can you imagine a world where absolutely nothing pushed your button? One thought did not lead to another, a new fresh idea? Nothing to pick you up when you were feeling flat or down?

There are stupid little things that get in my way every day and prevent me doing the things I want to do and being the person I want to be. And I'm sure most of you would experience the same thing from time to time. These stupid little things are known as laziness, lack of motivation, fear and anxiety. 

When I want to kill those pesky little demons, I look for things that inspire. Things that make me want to do. Lately I have found that when the brain fog settles in and I can't string a sentence together, I imagine making pastry, and I instantly feel switched on and revived.

I have also started reading a new magazine called the Messenger Collective, thanks to my Mum who placed the first issue in my hot little hands and told me I must read it. I am still only half way through issue #1, and issue #2 is on my coffee table waiting patiently for my attention. This is not lust, this is most certainly love. I am reading a handful of articles every day or two and with so many entrepreneurs, thought leaders and creative beings amongst the pages I have found I am absolutely hooked and brimming with inspiration!



Since entering into part-time employment I often find myself busy on Wednesdays and full of motivation, but come Thursdays I am flat. The motivation to get out of bed wanes, I spend time watching terrible (no, really, TERRIBLE!) shows on TV and don't get out of my pyjamas until afternoon.

Aaaand cue the sad, little violin.

The past 2-3 weeks I have not had this problem. I am so buzzing with inspiration, motivation, ideas and concepts that I am surprised I can sleep at night. That said it is a very good thing and I am not complaining! I am on the brink of enrolling myself into a course, with more in mind on completion of the first. I have decided on a business and am working towards it in little steps each day.

From all this I have decided Thursdays will no longer be flat whites. They will be mutli-flavoured Slurpee's with popping candy (that was not meant to suggest they will be cheap, artificial and nasty; more that they will be colourful, surprising and multidimensional)! And my posts on Thursdays will be about inspirational things I am devouring - people, stories, art - anything creative to keep the juices flowing.



Speaking of juices (see what I did there?), today, after reading an article in the Collective on Lorna Jane and then finding my monthly Love.Nourish.Grow catalogue in the mail, I was inspired to try my very first green juice. I've always been a bit hesitant to try them, after all the idea of putting kale and/or spinach in a drink just doesn't conjure up a tasty beverage in my mind. A perfect example of why it is so important to be open minded and always try new things. I started with the Morning Juice from Bec's Green Juice Recipes (you can find the recipe here: a-green-juice-journal-with-lorna-jane-bec-ronald) and I think this will start appearing on my daily breakfast menu. The lemony-gingery kick will certainly wake you up, without any of the nastiness my brain thought the spinach would contribute. The best thing about a juice like this is, no buyers remorse. I might enjoy my gelato shake from the coffee shop down the road, but afterwards I don't feel great and I immediately regret my decision. After a glass of this I feel great physically and am absolutely delighted to be making such a healthy choice. What a great way to start the day! Now all I need to do is come up with a handy breakfast to go and I'll be one step closer to my ideal morning.



I would be really grateful to find out what makes your morning so great - how do you get yourself going? What makes you want to get out of bed in the morning? Please feel welcome to share your inspiration along with any recommendations on great green juice recipes!

Later dudes - xx




No comments:

Post a Comment