Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Pat and Sticks

When ice cream sandwiches arrived as the new trend on the food scene, popping up in hipster cafes and bar menus around Sydney, I was pleased but wasn't in a hurry to get my hands on one.

Then my man came home with a box of Pat and Sticks Vanilla Lace Ice Cream Sandwiches and I'm not quite sure how I lived prior to devouring this tasty little morsel.

The Almond "lace" is a perfect combination of crunchy and chewy and tastes like caramel and an Anzac biscuit have made sweet, sweet love in your mouth.

Despite being an ice-cream-oholic, Vanilla has always been my least favourite flavour. In fact, I can honestly say I have never ordered a vanilla anything in my life unless it comes with chocolate fudge, salted caramel sauce or something of the like to mask the taste - it's either all fake and syrupy, tasting of nothing but sickly sweet or 'under-beaned' and almost metallic. Pat and Sticks is hands down the best vanilla bean ice cream I have ever stumbled upon.



And on the 6th day (sometime in 2004), God created Pat and Sticks. Bored with their 9-5 jobs, two buddies decided they would never fall short of a date by creating an after dinner treat no woman or man could possibly say no to. Ok, so it wasn't quite like that, but essentially they created a product they loved and believed, starting in their own kitchen making ice cream.

The reason it tastes so good because it's locally made from top notch REAL ingredients and free of preservatives and artificial flavours. The duo still are involved in the entire process and credit to them.

The flavours - so far I have only tried Vanilla - but Caramel Pecan, Mochaccino and Strawberry Choc-Chip are where I intend to venture next!

All in all, I am a Pat & Sticks convert and believe you will be too!

No comments:

Post a Comment