Monday, March 4, 2013

Red, red wine

My body has an in-built season change alert, entirely separate of my wall calendar. By the time September has turned into October I'm tasting summer. All I think about are cider & bubbles, tropical fruits, light salads with fresh herbs and seafood.

The past couple of weeks in Sydney have been not only wet, but noticeably cooler, and we have no longer been sleeping with the fan on. Before I noticed the weather, I noticed my craving for pasta. Pasta, red wine and lots of it!

This week I was fortunate enough to be brought home a fabulous bottle of Taylor's Cabernet Savignon by the B-Man. The moment I opened it and smelled the wonderful aroma, I knew I was in for a treat.

I'm not even sure what to focus on next - the delightfully silky smooth feel in your mouth; or the amazing cherry-berry flavour with a subtle minty-ness?

I can highly recommend Taylor's Jaraman 2010 Cab Sav and have no doubt that I will be heading out to find a case to keep me warm throughout Autumn and Winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment