Saturday, March 30, 2013

The 'To-Don't' List

I have neglected my blog this week. I have spent the past 6 days in bed and truth be told I am still on the mend. The pesky flu took me down on Monday night, along with my appetite, general motivation and happy face. This unfortunately meant that I have done bugger all cooking this week. After some 'happy pills' from the doctor I am finally starting to feel human again.

What I did manage to get up to was checking out some blogs and pages, and through a friend stumbled upon Hayley Carr TV. I have to admit, my first thought was, "this chick is a little nuts"... but in all the right ways. I started off by watching her video on "How to Dissolve Procrastination Immediately". I was instantly hooked.

I'm not usually one for 'self-help' type things - not because I don't believe in helping yourself, but because there is a lot of material out there that is all very similar and all pretty wanky.

Hayley's tips were pretty simple and from there I wanted more, so I checked out "the best kind of list that everyone needs to write". I recommend you watch the video before reading on, partially as Hayley explains it better and I don't want to take away from her message, and also because it will make the next part of this post make more sense!

I am sure this list will grow, but for now I think it covers the necessary bases:
  1. I will not neglect to save some money FIRST.
  2. I will not exercise less than 4 days per week.
  3. I will not cheat on my diet (and we all know I need help with this one!)
  4. I will not waste time with activities that do not serve a purpose in my plan.
  5. I will not put off servicing the car past May.
  6. I will not put off going to the Dentist past June.
  7. I will not finish another Financial Year without private health care
As I get a better idea of what I'm aiming for with my challenges I will put together a separate list that's more relevant.

What does your list look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment