Thursday, April 11, 2013

Herb Garden - take 1

At the moment I am working part time whilst looking for a full time job. This week has felt super productive, I have applied for 5 jobs so cross your fingers for me!

I also decided it was time to properly start a balcony herb garden. I say properly as previous attempts haven't had the commitment and I've ended up with a dried herb garden instead! So on Sunday we went to Bunnings and picked up some mint, sweet basil and flat leaf parsley, a trowel, gloves and potting mix. Yesterday was a brilliant day, 25° and sunny, so I took advantage of the opportunity to plant the herbs. Now when I walk past my balcony I feel a great sense of pleasure seeing my green babies up there soaking in the sun! I can't wait to start using them. I am thinking coriander, chives an chilli will be next.

Any tips?





1 comment:

  1. Mint loves water, so make sure you keep up the watering! PS my fingers are crossed!

    ReplyDelete