Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Week That Was...

Another crazy week down!

I was invited to go and see Fun. with one of my good friends on Thursday night. Despite not really being a fan, or knowing more than 3 of their songs, I had a really good night and was quite impressed!

After a big weekend, I was anything but prepared for my week ahead. Even more apparent by the fact that I haven't cooked dinner all week! With no lunches sitting and waiting in the fridge, I have been buying it every day. Not only does this'd an spending money, but massively cheating on my healthy food plan. This has lead me to discover that white rice effects me in a way I have never noticed before. My week of sushi binging led me on a path of research as to why it makes me so sleepy and I will certainly be skipping out on white rice from now on... That is after tonight!

Tonight I found two recipes I thought would work well together. Both turned out to be Spanish, but that was completely by accident!

Arroz con Pollo, using arborio rice with chicken and chorizo, slow cooked in tomatoes, white wine, sherry and herbs. It's definitely an autumn casserole type of meal that could do with a bit if spicing up so I thought I would have a go at serving with a Tom Kime recipe of Chorizo, asparagus & roasted kumera salad with green chilli and lemon. This salad is fantastic, and I think the dressing really made it. That said how can you resist the combination of sweet potato, lemon and asparagus? As I enjoyed it so much I thought I would share here.

No comments:

Post a Comment